Bioperl: RE: BioPerl for transcriptional profiling

Alessandro Guffanti ag3@sanger.ac.uk
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 07:40:14 +0100

Hi. Thanks for the citation.
The updated link to the EST Extractor is now

http://hercules.tigem.it/BLASTEXTRACT/estextract.html

but the one cited still works, buit may have problems with DNS
sometimes.

May I also suggest to give a look in general at
http://www.tigem.it/LOCAL/sequtils.html, in particular
the CAP Assembler (interactive assembly of FastA sequences) & CompBlast
(DIY Blast service) should be fit to Dr. Ebbole's problem.
The Cap2 / Cap3 assembly programs are (were ?) public domain
programs from X.Huang: huang@paracel.com. The graphical
interface for NCBI Blast parsing is also public domain:
http://hercules.tigem.it/Biomodules.html.

Best Wishes,

Alessandro.

Project URL: http://bio.perl.org/