Bioperl: Parsing GenBank reports from NCBI.

Ewan Birney birney@sanger.ac.uk
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 09:16:12 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Kutbuddin Doctor wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have used Bio::DB::GenPept to retrieve and parse FASTA records from
> NCBI. Are there other modules available (currently) that do the same for
> the more detailed "GenBank" report?

Over here at the EBI, Elia Stukpa is writing this module. You want to use
it with the new AnnSeq object (annotated sequence object).

It will be out in 0.6 - which is due sometime around the end of this year.
Once we get anonymous cvs working you will be able to access the latest
version about 4 hours after it is committed, so possible in one or two
weeks there will be something.