Bioperl: Somewhat Offtopic - Bio (Mac)Perl articles sought

Aaron J Mackey ajm6q@virginia.edu
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 15:14:14 -0400 (EDT)

At some point this summer I'll be obtaining a Mac Powerbook, upon which
I'll start playing with MacPerl and BioPerl on it (oh what fun that might
be).  I'll keep everyone posted how it goes ;)

-Aaron

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Vicki Brown wrote:

> As I mentioned here in May, there is a new Perl monthly webzine called
> "PerlMonth".
>
> I'm sure PerlMonth would appreciate an article on BioPerl :-)
>
> Also, I've got a monthly column in PerlMonth, specifically oriented toward
> MacPerl.  If anyone here is a MacPerl user, and would like to be my
> guest-columnist one of these months (1000-2000 words), I'd be happy to help
> you tell the world how you use MacPerl in your work. Is anyone using any of
> the BioPerl modules with MacPerl?
>
> Let's spread the word about BioPerl, Perl in Bio* (doesn't have to be the
> BioPerl modules per se...), and [any Mac people], how MacPerl is used in
> the Bio Sciences!
>
> ... One of these days I hope to write up Boulder I/O (if Lincoln doesn't
> beat me to it) -- will Boulder IO be going into the BioPerl distribution?
> :-)
>
> - Vicki
> -----
>  //=\   Vicki Brown <vlb@deltagen.com>
>  \=//    Journeyman Sourcerer: Scripts & Philtres
>   //=\
>   \=//     Scientific Programming <> Perl, Unix, Mac
>    //=\     A little Web gardening on the weekends
>    \=//
>     //=\      Deltagen, Inc; 1031 Bing St, San Carlos, CA 94070
> Project URL: http://bio.perl.org/
> http://www.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/bcd/Perl/Bio/vsns-bcd-perl.html

/ Aaron J Mackey           \
\  Dr. Pearson Laboratory  /