[Biojava-l] Access chain letter and residue number from Atom object

Enrico Morelli morelli at cerm.unifi.it
Fri May 12 10:07:48 UTC 2017

Dear,

I'm using BioJava for a project. After some filtering operations I've
an Atom list, but I've to know the chain and the residue number for
each atom.

My PDB has the following format:

HETATM 1661 MG    MG A 580      69.222  44.815  33.339  1.00
61.74          MG

Through an Atom object seems that should not possible to access to the
chain (A) and residue number (580). There is a way to do that?

Thanks

  Enrico Morelli
  System Administrator | Programmer | Web Developer

  CERM - Polo Scientifico
  Via Sacconi, 6 - 50019 Sesto Fiorentino (FI) - ITALY
  phone: +39 055 457 4269
  fax:   +39 055 457 4927