[Biojava-l] Project Leadership

Andreas Prlic andreas.prlic at gmail.com
Thu May 11 17:47:01 UTC 2017

Hi,

After having been contributing to BioJava since 2004 and acted as the
project lead since 2009, it is time for me to pass on the baton. I am
leaving academia and accepting a new role means that I will have less time
for BioJava.  I'll stay in touch but I will be less active going forward.

I would like to nominate Jose Duarte as the new project leader for BioJava.
He has been one of the key contributors for the project over the last
years. This will ensure that the RCSB PDB will keep playing an important
role for the project.

I would like to thank everybody for the contributions they have made over
the years. We have created one of the larger and vibrant bioinformatics
communities on GitHub. For me this has been an exciting experience!

Best wishes and happy coding!

Andreas