[Biojava-l] file i/o with ArrayList

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Fri Jan 30 14:47:49 UTC 2015

Hi Stefan,

for your use case (save and load at server start/stop) I'd recommend the
Kryo library.  It will store your data as a binary. Should be only two
lines of code each to persist and load the data.
https://github.com/EsotericSoftware/kryo

You are right, writing is not very well developed, but then there are so
many utility libraries in Java that can be used for efficient
serialization/deserialization in many ways, once you have an object in
memory.

Andreas