[Biojava-l] file i/o with ArrayList

stefan harjes stefanharjes at yahoo.de
Fri Jan 30 11:01:33 UTC 2015

Hi biojava-l

I have a huge number of small sequences in an Array (ListArray<Sequence<?>>) which for server start and stop I would like to store on disk. Unfortunately Sequence is not serilizable, so I searched and found that GenbankWriterHelper.writeSequences(OutputStream os, Collection<Sequence<?>> seqs) should be able to do the job.
However when looking at GenbankReaderHelper, there are no methods which correspond to the above writer method. Am I on the wrong track completely?

When looking at the writer/reader helpers, I think I remember reading that they are rudimentary and save only the sequence (fasta)? I would expect in such an advanced verision of biojava (4.0 is being prepared?) that there must be a standard way to serialize rich sequences/arrays of them in order to send them around on streams/Json etc?

Any help would be appreciated
CheersStefan