[Biojava-l] [jsbml-team] [GSoC] GSoC 2014 with OBF and JSBML

Eric Talevich eric.talevich at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 23:20:07 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

Thanks for clarifying this. I've updated the OBF ideas page to reflect this
conversation:
http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2014_Ideas#BioJava_and_JSBML

For GSoC it's not necessary that JSBML be dropped into the BioJava
codebase; there appears to be enough overlap between the developer
communities that any students who take on these projects will be kept on
track with the current arrangement. Once the students begin writing their
project plans it should be more apparent how much BioJava will be directly
involved in the coding portion of the summer. For now, we'll assume that
both mailing lists will be copied on the student's weekly report, and
conversations on development can take off from there.

Cheers,
Eric