[Biojava-l] [GSoC] GSoC 2014 with OBF and JSBML

P. Troshin to.petr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 08:19:38 UTC 2014

+biojava-l

Hi Guys,

Since JSBML is a pure Java project and it
provides functionality not available in BioJava I do not see why it cannot
be packed as a BioJava module. In that case, yes, I think the project
should be using biojava mailing list as well as any project specific
mailing list the mentors see fit.

Using BioJava section to write down JSBML project idea seems fully
justified. Over the years we have developed parsers for various files
within BioJava community, so its not something totally new to BioJava.

Similarly, if any Bio Scala project idea appears on the horizon, it could
be affiliated with BioJava taking the interoperability of the two languages
into account. We just need to make sure any new project extends BioJava in
some way and provides some bindings into BioJava object model.

Regards,
Peter