[Biojava-l] NullPointerException when using Alignments.getMultipleSequenceAlignment

Hannes Brandstätter-Müller biojava at hannes.oib.com
Wed Oct 5 19:22:13 UTC 2011

2011/10/5 Spencer Bliven <sbliven at ucsd.edu>:
> In the current SVN code (and therefor probably Biojava 3.0.2),
> CookbookMSA.java includes that import statement but is otherwise identical
> to the wiki version. It runs just fine for me. Probably updating to Biojava
> 3.0.2 will fix the null pointer exception.

I installed it via Maven just last week - so I guess it should be on
3.0.2 - I'll check tomorrow.

Anyhow, the problem isn't the wiki (I already updated that, btw) but
the fact that it seems to work with Protein Sequences, but when I use
my DNA sequences, it breaks.
If you go to my first post, I copied my code there (just add a wrapper
main that supplies a valid fasta file as parameter)

Hannes