[Biojava-l] Help! Gsoc Project

Peter Troshin p.v.troshin at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Mar 23 11:56:35 UTC 2011

Hello Alexandru,

Welcome to the BioJava list! It is good to have you interested in my
project.

 >>> I really need some informations about the Project

The ideas behind the project are really simple and most of the methods
are not new. So you have a benefit of being able to compare the results
of you implementation with others.
To get a better understanding of what the project involve I’d suggest
you to read more about each of the calculations involved.  Google is
your friend here. There are plenty of other methods which would be good
to add to BioJava, to have a better idea of what that might be I'd
suggest you read through the Expasy web site tools section
http://expasy.org/tools/ <http://expasy.org/tools/protparam-doc.html>.
Please read the documentation for each method and associated papers to
have a better idea of what they do.  I hope this will get you started.

I would also suggest paying a special attention to writing the project
plan as through this you can demonstrate your understanding of
programming and a task in hands.

Kind regards,
Peter