[Biojava-l] Google Summer of Code 2011

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Thu Mar 24 01:02:59 UTC 2011

Hi,

As you probably already have heard, the Open Bioinformatics Foundation
has been accepted as a mentoring organization for this year's Google
Summer of Code. This means we will be able to offer mentoring through
BioJava again this year. Accepted students will get a stipend of
5,000$ from Google. Participation is possible from most countries in
the world, as long as you are eligible to work in the country in which
you'll reside throughout the duration of the program.

If you are interested in working on a BioJava related project, now is
the time to start preparing and discussing your proposals. Last year
we had many applications for the projects proposed by mentors. If you
want to distinguish your application I recommend to propose your own
project. Don't forget to discuss any proposal with us before you
submit them. We will try to provide feedback and match you with a
suitable Mentor.

Also see http://biojava.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code and Google's
FAQs: http://www.google-melange.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2011/faqs

The student application deadline is April 8th. Google will announce
which proposals got accepted on April 25th.

Andreas