[Biojava-l] [Biojava-dev] accepted GSoC projects

Jianjiong Gao jianjiong.gao at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 19:13:12 UTC 2010

Dear Dr. Prlic and Everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am so glad that I have the chance to
work with the BioJava community this summer. I would like to briefly
introduce myself. My name is Jianjiong (JJ) Gao. I am a PhD student in
Computer Science at University of Missouri, Columbia. My study is
focusing on Bioinformatics, specifically computational proteomics and
PTMs.

I came across BioJava about two years ago when I was working on a
plugin for Cytoscape, and was attracted by the idea of providing
generic Java API for bioinformatics applications. I was thinking maybe
someday I could do some coding for BioJava. And now I got the chance
:)

Best Regards,
-JJ