[Biojava-l] accepted GSoC projects

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Tue Apr 27 05:33:51 UTC 2010

Dear all,

Google has released the results for GSoC: Congratulations to Mark Chapman
and Jianjiong Gao for having been accepted to work on the MSA and PTM
projects for BioJava! Let's start the "community bonding" process (
http://en.flossmanuals.net/GSoCMentoring/MindtheGap )  and we all are
looking forward to work with you on this during the summer. The Mentors and
co-mentors will be Peter Rose for the PTM and Scooter Willis and Kyle
Ellrott for the MSA project (and me).

I want to thank all of of you who submitted proposals or showed interest in
other ways for the Google Summer of Code. We hope you are not too
disappointed if your application did not get accepted this time. We had a
large number (52) applications and the the overall quality of the
submissions was very high. We would like to stay in touch with you and we
hope that you are interested in BioJava also beyond the scope of GSoC. There
are a number of different ways how to contribute:  We are always looking for
people who provide code and patches to further improve our library, help out
with the documentation on the Wiki page, or answer questions on the mailing
lists.

Let's all give Mark and Jianjiong  a warm welcome to the BioJava community.
For those of you who are interested in following the progress of the
projects, as usually, the development related discussions are going to be on
the biojava-dev list.

Happy coding!

Andreas