[Biojava-l] NoClassDefFoundError

Richard Holland holland at eaglegenomics.com
Tue Mar 24 19:12:33 UTC 2009

Depends what you mean by 'installed biojava'.

Have you tried running this command:

java -jar MPI.jar -cp /path/to/biojava.jar

If that works, then the problem will be that your biojava.jar is not
installed in the correct location for java to pick it up system-wide.

Compiling the demos does not rely on having jars installed as it picks
everything up from inside the biojava source distribution.

cheers,
Richard