[Biojava-l] NoClassDefFoundError

Hamed, Ahmed A. ahmed.elmasri at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 20:53:24 UTC 2009

Dear Richard,
I know you are answering Charles's question below. However, I thought it
might be worthwhile mentioning that Java ignores the classpath argument if
you are running a jar i.e. using "-jar" option.
Best wishes,
Ahmed

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Richard Holland
<holland at eaglegenomics.com>wrote:

> Depends what you mean by 'installed biojava'.
>
> Have you tried running this command:
>
> java -jar MPI.jar -cp /path/to/biojava.jar
>
> If that works, then the problem will be that your biojava.jar is not
> installed in the correct location for java to pick it up system-wide.
>
> Compiling the demos does not rely on having jars installed as it picks
> everything up from inside the biojava source distribution.
>
> cheers,
> Richard
>
> Charles Imbusch wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm using Netbeans and Biojava on my Laptop. Netbeans creates a jar file
> > for my project and I can successfully execute it.
> >
> > Now I would like to execute the java code on another machine. I
> > installed Biojava on
> > that machine as well and copied the jar file to it.
> >
> > But I get an error message like this:
> >
> > charles at nougat:~$ java -jar MPI.jar
> > org/biojava/bio/BioException
> >
> > I checked my installation (on nougat ) and tried to compile one of the
> > example files provided in the
> > demo folder of the Biojava distribution. The compilation worked out.
> >
> > No I'm really wondering what can cause that error.
> >
> > Any answer is appreciated.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Charles
> >

> --
> Richard Holland, BSc MBCS
> Finance Director, Eagle Genomics Ltd
> T: +44 (0)1223 654481 ext 3 | E: holland at eaglegenomics.com
> http://www.eaglegenomics.com/

Ahmed Abdeen Hamed
Scientific Informatics Project Leader
Marine Biological Laboratory Woods Hole, MA
--
Ph.D. student, Complex Systems
School of Informatics, Indiana University