[Biojava-l] NoClassDefFoundError

Charles Imbusch charles at imbusch.net
Tue Mar 24 18:23:15 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'm using Netbeans and Biojava on my Laptop. Netbeans creates a jar file
for my project and I can successfully execute it.

Now I would like to execute the java code on another machine. I
installed Biojava on
that machine as well and copied the jar file to it.

But I get an error message like this:

charles at nougat:~$ java -jar MPI.jar
org/biojava/bio/BioException

I checked my installation (on nougat ) and tried to compile one of the
example files provided in the
demo folder of the Biojava distribution. The compilation worked out.

No I'm really wondering what can cause that error.

Any answer is appreciated.

Cheers,
 Charles