[Biojava-l] error: Program ncbi-blastn Version 2.2.17 is not supported

Mark Schreiber markjschreiber at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 14:48:12 UTC 2007

For a long time now my feeling has been that we should *only* support
the XML version of blast output.  The other formats are too brittle to
be easy to parse.  I also feel similarly about Genbank, EMBL, etc that
may be an extreme view but the power of generic XML parsers and things
like XPath etc really make these formats look very attractive.

- Mark