[Biojava-l] Biojava migrating to Subversion

Andreas Prlic ap3 at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Nov 1 16:59:35 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Over the next weeks (until Christmas) BioJava will finally move the
version control system from
CVS to Subversion (svn). This is happening in parallel to the other
open-bio projects. We will
ensure that nothing gets lost during this migration. This means that
all Biojava modules, branches,
tags and the history of the files will be imported into the new
repository.

  Over the next weeks we will

A) Test the migration procedure to ensure nothing gets lost
B) We will declare a CVS freeze at some point, giving all developers
enough time to commit the latest code to CVS.
C) After the freeze the final svn migration will happen. At this
point we will also do a quick BioJava release (version 1.5.1)
D) From that moment on all future Biojava development will happen via
svn, CVS will remain frozen.

Detailed instructions for how to check out and commit code using svn
will be announced closer to the migration date.

We will keep you informed about the details of these ongoings. There
is also a wiki page which provides documentation for this:
http://biojava.org/wiki/CVS_to_SVN_Migration

Andreas

Andreas Prlic      Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
                               Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK
			 +44 (0) 1223 49 6891