[Biojava-l] Re: update seqfeature

Simon Foote simon.foote at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Wed Jun 22 09:15:54 EDT 2005

I get the problem now, that would then be a bug in biojava.  It should
do an internal check to see if a source/type term change will cause a
non-unique exception and if so, then also update the rank to the next
available one.  One solution would be to catch the exception then do a
select for the max(rank) for the given bioentry_id, source_term_id,
type_term_id and then increment it by one.

In fact, it would probably be wise to always update the rank when
changing either the source or type term, so that the ranks stay
incrementally consistent, if that really matters.

Simon

--
Bioinformatics Programmer
Pathogen Genomics