[Biojava-l] Re: update seqfeature

Martina boehme at mpiib-berlin.mpg.de
Wed Jun 22 09:05:44 EDT 2005

Hi Simon,

sorry, I might haven't made that clear enough:
The problem only exists with changing a feature source (or type, but I
didn't try that) because of the composite unique index in biosql
seqfeature table, it doesn't check if the location is the same or not,
but the combination of type, source, bioentry id and rank has to be
unique. So if I insert a new feature, the rank gets increased by
BioJava somehow and all is well, but if I update an existing features
source and hit by accident the same combination as anothers fetures
type, source, .. I get the exception and the source doesn't change.
At least that is what I suppose is happening.

My question was how to handle this situation?

Martina