[Biojava-l] How to extract chromosome ID from a Transcript?

Alberto Ambesi ambesi at tigem.it
Fri Jul 4 15:39:39 EDT 2003

I can successfully extract Location and Strand features from a
transcript, but I can't find a way to get the chromosome ID where the
gene is located. I am using the following code:

         SequenceDB chromosomes =ens.getChromosomes();
         FeatureHolder transcripts = chromosomes.filter(
             new FeatureFilter.ByAnnotation(Ensembl.TRANSCRIPT_GENEID,
ensID)
         );
         iter= transcripts.features();
         while (iter.hasNext()) {
             StrandedFeature feat = (StrandedFeature)iter.next();
             System.out.println("Strand: \t" +
feat.getStrand().toString());
             System.out.println("Location: \t" + feat.getLocation());
         }

thanks a lot.
dr. Alberto Ambesi