[Biojava-l] Re: [Biojava-dev] Error downloading source

Thomas Down thomas at derkholm.net
Fri Jul 4 10:53:23 EDT 2003

Once upon a time, Viswanathan Ramachandran wrote:
> Hi,
> The latest Jun 15 2003 version source code is not
> unzipping properly. It gives this message:
>
> "Error reading header after processing 0 entries"

It's working fine for me.

Could you tell me how you downloaded the biojava-1.30.tar.gz file
and what tools you have tried to uncompress it.

Note that this is not a ZIP file, but a compressed tar file --
we use these because the compression is better and they are
easier to handle on Unix-like systems.  I'm not a Windows user
myself, but I'm fairly sure WinZip can handle them.   Other tools
can, too.