[Biojava-l] BLAST Parser in Anger!

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 28 09:59:45 EST 2003

Please, let's get it right b4 1.3 goes live - I know we're meant to be
only making small changes now, but blast parsing is so important that
it's worth doing properly.

Mark, do you have a list of methods you want added/removed/renamed, or
are the problems more deep-seated than that?

Matthew

Schreiber, Mark wrote:
> Hi -
>
> There are some deficiencies in the blast parsing API. I know that there
> is some reluctance to add new methods to the interface as things will
> break, however blast parsing is a core task and it would be v good if we
> could make this more functional. One way to get around the interface
> thing is to simlply extend it and then make all the classes we have now
> implement the extended interface.
>
> Another way is to simply break the interface before bj1.3 is released
> and make it stable from there on.
>
> Can we please, please sort this out before bj1.3 is released? Perhaps
> the development team could get together over a beer at the hackathon and
> nut this one out. It really can't be that hard can it?
>
> Hear endeth the sermon.
>
> - Mark

BioJava Consulting LTD - Support and training for BioJava
http://www.biojava.co.uk