[Biojava-l] BLAST Parser in Anger!

Schreiber, Mark mark.schreiber at agresearch.co.nz
Tue Jan 28 09:24:05 EST 2003

Hi -

There are some deficiencies in the blast parsing API. I know that there
is some reluctance to add new methods to the interface as things will
break, however blast parsing is a core task and it would be v good if we
could make this more functional. One way to get around the interface
thing is to simlply extend it and then make all the classes we have now
implement the extended interface.

Another way is to simply break the interface before bj1.3 is released
and make it stable from there on.

Can we please, please sort this out before bj1.3 is released? Perhaps
the development team could get together over a beer at the hackathon and
nut this one out. It really can't be that hard can it?

Hear endeth the sermon.

- Mark

sender immediately.