[Biojava-l] GUI for cis-regulatory analysis

Stein Aerts stein.aerts at esat.kuleuven.ac.be
Mon Jan 27 18:40:29 EST 2003

We have built a Java GUI on top of BioJava for cis-regulatory sequence
analysis, especially in higher eukaryotes. It is linked with Ensembl for
the retrieval of genes and intergenic sequences and with several
algorithms for comparative genomics and motif detection (using SOAP web
services).

The description of the program, the jar file, Java Web Start version,
tutorial, manual, etc. can be found here:
http://www.esat.kuleuven.ac.be/~saerts/software/toucan.php.
Currently the classes cannot be used directly from the API, and I have
no good Javadocs at present. If people would find it useful, I could
consider cleaning up my code for this purpose.

Thank you BioJava!

Best regards & all comments are appreciated,

Stein Aerts.

--
Stein Aerts BioI at SISTA
K.U.Leuven ESAT-SCD Belgium