[Biojava-l] Nightly checkin reports (Re: [Biojava-dev] biojava / Security)

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Aug 16 11:58:21 EDT 2003

Thanks Thomas, you're a star.

> What is the feeling about posting these reports to
> the
> biojava-dev at biojava.org mailing list (which is,
> after all,
> intended for people who are participating in, or at
> least
> actively following, development).  If there's anyone
> who strongly considers this to be silly/evil/spammy,
> please speak up soon.

I tend to feel that the biojava-dev list should be
serving those of us who are actively interested in the
development and implementation details of BioJava. The
biojava-l list is for questions, anouncements and user
support. From this point of view I don't see why the
daily cvs summary shouldn't go to -dev.

On the other hand, I guess we could set up yet another
mailing list specifically for these cvs messages. Not
my preferred option though. As you say, let's hear
what people think.

Oh - is it possible to avoid sending "nothing changed
today" notifications on booring days?

> Coming soon:
>
>     - Similar reports for the BioJava 1.3x
> maintainance branch
>       (I'm currently trying to work out the
> least-nasty CVS hack
>       to do this).
>
>     - Integration with nightly build and test
> reports.

Rock & Role! This will almost make us look
professional! If we do nightly builds, it would be
neat to put an entry in the biojava.jar manifest with
a time-stamp we can use to build exactly the same jar
in the future. That way we can throw away builds each
week but still debug user problems if they download a
nightly build.