[Biojava-l] GO web service

Neill White nk_white@yahoo.com
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 10:04:39 -0700 (PDT)

> WooHa!  I think I learned my lesson from the last go round like Ewan.  I'm
> not touching this with a ten foot pole.
>
> BTW, I have experience building commercial systems with both CORBA and Web
> Services.  I will simply say that arguing about protocols is a waste of
> time.  They're both just tools.

> Mike

Ewan, Mike-

Can someone explain what exactly *happened* to the CORBA push?  A
while back it looked like there was a lot of work going in to CORBA
to tie all the bio* projects together.  Now, the bioCORBA mailing
list is deserted - except for an occasional email tumbleweed about
the high cost of tobacco in England.  The corba branch in bioperl
(bioperl-corba-server) hasn't been modified in almost a year.  In
regards to the bio* project - is CORBA dead?

-neill