[Biojava-l] sp-ml modules

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Wed, 01 May 2002 17:03:38 +0100

Hi Guoneng,

This sounds like a very worthwile project. Do you have any URLs
describing the current state of the SPML format?

If SPML is an XML language for describing swissprot entries, then the
obvious thing to do is to write some code to convert the xml sax events
into org.biojava.bio.seq.io.SequenceIOListener callbacks. The whole
swissprot database would probably best be encapsulated as an
org.biojava.bio.seq.db.SequenceDBLite instance with some extra API for
querying the database.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Matthew