[Biojava-l] sp-ml modules

Guoneng Zhong Guoneng.Zhong@med.nyu.edu
Wed, 01 May 2002 11:24:10 -0400

Hi,
I am working on classes that interact with the newly proposed SPML
format for Swissprot db.  I am still trying to figure out if a live
interface to an xml result exists yet.  Waiting for folks at ebi to
return my email.  In the meantime, I am new to developing stuff for
biojava.  I am not sure what most of you and your colleagues would
expect from my classes.  Do I simply let you set search criteria and
bam, you get a class that encapsulates all the information in the xml
data?  Or do I use some existing interface but create behind the scene
xml retrieval and parsing so that you don't need to write new code to
use my classes (with minor changes, of course).  if the latter case,
where are these interfaces that I must conform to?

Thanks,
Guoneng