[Biojava-l] BioJava and visualization?

Ann Loraine loraine@loraine.net
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 09:38:03 -0800 (PST)

Dear Mark,

You also might want to check out Apollo, an open source genome browser
application being developed as a joint project between Ensembl
and the Berkeley Drosophila Genome Project.

(see:  http://www.fruitfly.org/annot/apollo/)

I don't believe it uses the biojava data models however.

If this is not quite what you need, you might consider checking out Jazz,
an open source toolkit for building zoomable, graphical interfaces in
Java.

It might be possible to build an application that displays biojava data
models using Jazz' 2D rendering capability.  Jazz gives you interactive,
real-time zooming "for free," and from what I've seen thus far, it's very
fast.

Yours,

Ann

---