[Biojava-l] BioJava and visualization?

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
20 Mar 2002 19:54:31 +0000

    Mathieu> Hi Mark, I am not going to answer this well, but the
    Mathieu> tutorial at http://www.biojava.org/tutorials/index.html
    Mathieu> doesn't seem to have much on it at first glance.  I know
    Mathieu> that some of this was covered at the biojava bootcamp
    Mathieu> last year, I presume it will be again this year.
    Mathieu> Matthew, Thomas or Ketih might have made some the
    Mathieu> bootcamp materials available to demo sequencerendering?

This year's bootcamp is in progress as I type...

The demos directory contains the seqviewer package which has demos of
some sequence visualisation classes. An application using several
renderers (Gemini, which displays pairwise Blast hits in dotplot
style) is available from the Sanger Institute CVS at
http://cvs.sanger.ac.uk under Pathogen/psu/gemini. However, this is
source only right now.

The material from this bootcamp, including some screenshots will be on
the web at the end of this week. We realise that some of this
(especially a sourcecode-only resource) is not very accessible. This
was emphasised by feedback from the bootcamp today.

I'm setting up a documentation project to encompass this type of
request, including design overviews, tutorials, class diagrams and
screenshots where appropriate. I hope to get make the framework for
this available inside 4 weeks.

Keith

--

-= Keith James - kdj@sanger.ac.uk - http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/kdj =-
Pathogen Sequencing Unit, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Cambridge, UK