[Biojava-l] Trouble with parsing big Blast result raport

Simon Brocklehurst simon.brocklehurst@CambridgeAntibody.com
Tue, 08 Jan 2002 14:16:36 +0000

Petri Pehkonen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Java SDK Standard Edition 1.3.1 under Windows 2000. I tried to
> change the virtual machine to "classic" but it didn't help and I got the
> same error message. I wonder if anyone has made parsing with result files
> as big as ours?

Hi,

I just tried the following test.

Run the application TutorialEx1 in the demos directory using an input file of
around 28 MB  in size (I created this cat-ing together 3 copies of the c. 9 MB
file - Massive.out - in the demos/files/ncbiblast directory of the biojava
distribution).

I ran the program under J2SE 1.3.1_01, running under Solaris 8.

Everything seemed to work fine.

Should be trivial for someone who uses Win2K for their development environment to
try this test.

S.
--
Simon M. Brocklehurst, Ph.D.