[Biojava-l] beanshell

Tom Oinn tmo@ebi.ac.uk
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 14:13:26 +0100

Keith James wrote:

>     Matthew> Hi All, Have any of you used beanshell? I'm having a look
>     Matthew> at it now, and it appears to be a fairly sensible
>     Matthew> java-ish scripting language. Perhaps it would be a place
>     Matthew> to start from for those of us that want a more
>     Matthew> 'scriptable' biojava.
>
>     Matthew> All pointers/experiences welcome,

I used it for scripting in my application builder (talisman), the way to
go seems to be to provide well defined hooks into whatever methods you
want to give the script access to, then you can just publish those and
let people write their own functionality in the script module. I was
impressed by it, and that was a year or so ago, so it may well be even
better now.

Tom