[Biojava-l] beanshell

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
22 Apr 2002 13:56:17 +0100

    Matthew> Hi All, Have any of you used beanshell? I'm having a look
    Matthew> at it now, and it appears to be a fairly sensible
    Matthew> java-ish scripting language. Perhaps it would be a place
    Matthew> to start from for those of us that want a more
    Matthew> 'scriptable' biojava.

    Matthew> All pointers/experiences welcome,

Things I like about Beanshell; you can put all the paranoia in the
Java code and then experiment with stuff in the shell with that safety
net, you can easily write new shell commands and it's quite simple.

I'm looking at it now as a way of giving scriptable access to our
job-launching system, which is implemented in Java. (I've also grabbed
a copy of JudoScript http://www.judoscript.com but haven't had time to
look at it yet.)

I'd been thinking of a Biojava-nised Beanshell with a few new shell
commands so you can do stuff interactively.

Keith

--

-= Keith James - kdj@sanger.ac.uk - http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/kdj =-
Pathogen Sequencing Unit, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Cambridge, UK