[Biojava-l] beanshell

Phillip Lord p.lord@russet.org.uk
22 Apr 2002 13:46:45 +0100

  Matthew> Have any of you used beanshell? I'm having a look at it
  Matthew> now, and it appears to be a fairly sensible java-ish
  Matthew> scripting language. Perhaps it would be a place to start
  Matthew> from for those of us that want a more 'scriptable' biojava.

  Matthew> All pointers/experiences welcome,

Its been (pun) extensively used within the Java Development
Environment for Emacs, a small amount of which I wrote. Its serves as
an interface between lisp, and java, so that java's reflective
abilities are available to the development environment.

For this use it works very well, and reliably. Its also been in
existence for a long time, and is being well maintained.

I'm not sure about using it as an actual scripting language. Its
definitely worth taking a look at though.

Cheers

Phil