[Biojava-l] BioInformatics toolbox.

Schreiber, Mark mark.schreiber@agresearch.co.nz
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 13:16:51 +1200

Hi -

I made a bit of an off hand comment before to Michael about making some
of the core Biojava interfaces into valid java beans. I have thought of
it before but shyed away as many of the Biojava interfaces didn't seem
very beanable. However that may have been because I was a bit naïve
about the Biojava interfaces and some of the bean technologies. It would
certainly make biojava a very powerful addition to the Bioinformaticists
IDE. The ability to drag and drop Biojava objects into your program
could be very useful for people wanting rapid prototyping /results.

Perhaps some of the Biojava designers might want to comment on the
beanability of some of the core interfaces.

Mark

"friends don't let friends use vi"