[Biojava-l] FeatureHolder.containsFeature()

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 18:31:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Schreiber, Mark wrote:

> Actually can some one inform me of the difference between the BioSQL and
> the Open Bioinformatics Database Specification??
>
> Mark

BioSQL is a subset of OBDA - OBDA includes standards for sequence
retrieval from HTTP, local Flat files (Berkeley DB indexed and a new index
format), BioCORBA, and BioSQL.

If you have specific gripes or kudos for OBDA we should move them over to
open-bio-l@open-bio.org to try and be cross-project friendly.

We hope to have a full fledged standard proposal put together in the next
few months, right now most things are split up in different working docs -
all available from the obf-common CVS repository - see
http://cvs.open-bio.org for info on downloading.

HTH.

-j

--