[Biojava-l] (no subject)

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 10:02:36 +0100

I'm not a Mac user -- so comments from anyone who really
is would be welcome.  However, a thought....

Are there multiple filesystems available on OSX?  For instance,
I presume there's support for the old MacOS filesystem, but
I think there's also a newer system (derived from BSD systems?).
I seem to remembder that old macs did have a filename length
limit.  So it might be that BioJava will only work on partitions
that have been newly formated with OSX...

In any case, a binary .jar file distribution ought to work,
regarless of filename length.

Could somepone who knows more confirm this?

       Thomas.

--
We wish to thank the many Firewall vendors who have supported our
work to re-enable the innovation that made the Internet great,