[Biojava-l] LayeredRenderer clipping bug

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
14 Sep 2001 15:34:22 +0100

The sequence rendering system appears to be cutting off the last 1+
bases and associated features from the display. I've tracked this down
(I think) to LayeredRenderer which appears to be clipping too
enthusiastically because its boundary calculation is slightly off.

I think the problem is in the paint method, somewhere near

clip.setFrame(minP, 0.0, maxP - minP, depth)

If I fudge in an extra few pixels of width here, then the missing
stuff reappears.

As everything is channelled through this renderer plus I've no idea
what this class actually does, I'm giving some warning here.

I *will* hack with this if nobody else gets there first... ;)

Keith

--

-= Keith James - kdj@sanger.ac.uk - http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/kdj =-
The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambs CB10 1SA