[Biojava-l] (no subject)

David Huen David Huen <smh1008@cus.cam.ac.uk>
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 09:55:31 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Tim Salmon wrote:

> hi biojava'ers,
>
> i have discovered a small potential problem with the biojava 1.10
> distribution that i thought you might like to have brought to your
> attention.
> i have biojava installed on an imac running os-x. os-x apparently limits
> the filename sizes to shorter than those of a number of the files in
> biojava.  this is not critical in all cases as i have successfully run
> the demo suggested on the web-page.  however, when i tested the
> potential problem by doing a build as suggested i got this.
>
> tim: biojava [3:04:52pm]: java build.Builder all
> Running complete build...
> Compiling...
> /Users/tim/Bioinformatics/biojava/src/org/biojava/bio/dist/OrderNDistributionFactory.
> java:68: cannot resolve symbol
> symbol  : class IndexedNthOrderDistribution
> location: class org.biojava.bio.dist.OrderNDistributionFactory
>              return new IndexedNthOrderDistribution(alpha, df);
>                         ^
I don't know why this problem has arisen but I don't think it's a
name length thing.  I have compiled albeit later versions of BioJava
with the Java 1.3 that comes with OS-X developer tools (names like
ProjectedStrandedFeatureWrapper exist without problem...).
Is that the Java you are using?

Regards,
David Huen