[Biojava-l] Parsing Code for Phylogenetic Trees

Emig, Robin Robin.Emig@maxygen.com
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 09:09:00 -0800

	Sounds good to me. Anyone else think a new version of Jalview would
be a great show peice for Biojava?
-Robin

-----Original Message-----
From: biojava-l-admin@biojava.org [mailto:biojava-l-admin@biojava.org]On
Behalf Of Michele Clamp
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2001 5:32 PM
To: Emig, Robin
Cc: 'biojava-l@biojava.org'
Subject: RE: [Biojava-l] Parsing Code for Phylogenetic Trees

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Emig, Robin wrote:

>I was thinking about incorporating some of the source from Jalview into
>biojava. This has cool interactive alignment and tree viewing, as well as
>parsers for many file formats. I haven't looked too carefully at the source
>yet, but it may be of use to biojava.

Hi,

Sheesh! You really really don't want to do that. The code is hideous.
Jalview is currently being heavily refactored and extended - if there is a
push to have it biojavaized we should do it in the new version.

Michele.

--
And so as the stripey-winged owl's genome of Fate
is decoded by the great sequencer of Time,