[Biojava-l] (no subject)

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 10:16:24 +0000

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 11:52:48AM +0530, Subba_ Raju wrote:

> dear biojava associate
> i found very interesting in using biojava but i couldnt see th
> eimplementation of methods when i try to open the classes in jbuilder .
> can u give me ur suggestions n using biojava code and how to obtain method
> implementation..
> thanks for u r earlier attention

I'm not a JBuilder user (I think there may be a few on the
list, though), so I don't know if this is a JBuilder-specific
issue.

My guess, though, is that everything you've been looking
at is an interface.  We're quite keen on interfaces in
BioJava -- in fact, we have one for just about every concept
we work with.  For instance, org.biojava.bio.seq.Sequence is
an interface.  If you want to look at a standard implementation,
try org.biojava.bio.seq.impl.SimpleSequence.

In general, the standard implementation of most interfaces
is called Simple<Foo>.

If you're trying to get a feel for the project, you might
find it easier to browse the javadoc documentation.  There
are also some tutorials on our website if you're interested:

   http://www.biojava.org/

Let me know if you have any more problems,

   Thomas.