[Biojava-l] Parsing Code for Phylogenetic Trees

Michele Clamp michele@sanger.ac.uk
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 15:34:30 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Emig, Robin wrote:

>	Sounds good to me. Anyone else think a new version of Jalview would
>be a great show peice for Biojava?
>-Robin

I've been wanting to do this for a couple of years now.  Can I ask how
stable the code is? I've been burnt before when I used ensembl code for a
project and am now stuck with maintaining a year old version of it as
well as the latest one.

Myself and Steve Searle (from the EBI) are hacking away at jalview at the
moment.  Mostly its putting get/sets and interfaces in and moving the
event model to 1.1 (yes it was written that long ago :).

And so as the stripey-winged owl's genome of Fate
is decoded by the great sequencer of Time,
and as the big grep of Eternity uses all the cpu of Destiny
I come to the end of the mail.