[Biojava-l] EMBL SOAP Server + perl and Java clients

Alan Robinson alan@ebi.ac.uk
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 14:12:37 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Thomas Down wrote:

> For anyone who wants to see what's going on behind the scenes
> in a SOAP transaction (or is just too lazy to install a proper
> client library ;-), the following XML snippet is a valid request to this
> server:

Nope, I don't want to see what's going on behind the scences ;)

Btw, using GLUE, the alternative is to add 3 JAR files to your class path,
compile the WSDL and add the following *TWO* lines of code to your Java
app:

  ISimpleBioSequenceService bioSeqService=SimpleBioSequenceService.bind();
  String seq = bioSeqService.get_biosequence( "AL121903" );

Btw Thomas, what's the projection for DAS to be SOAPified?

alan

Alan J. Robinson, D.Phil.             Tel:+44-(0)1223 494444
European Bioinformatics Institute     Fax:+44-(0)1223 494468
EMBL Outstation - Hinxton             Email:  alan@ebi.ac.uk
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton, Cambridge
CB10 1SD, UK                http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~alan/