[Biojava-l] EMBL SOAP Server + perl and Java clients

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 12:50:34 +0100

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 12:03:07PM +0100, Alan Robinson wrote:

> Server details:
>
> - SOAP Endpoint URL: http://corba.ebi.ac.uk:7777/soap/servlet/rpcrouter/
>
> - Service name: "urn:simplebiosequence-service"
>
> - WSDL: http://corba.ebi.ac.uk:7777/wsdl/SimpleBioSequence_Service.wsdl
>
> - I'm using Apache SOAP and TomCat (seems interoperable for simple things
>   with SOAP::Lite & GLUE???)
>
> - The servlet is actually a client to the EMBL CORBA server on our LAN.
>
> - Homepage:
>     http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~alan/soap/servers/SimpleBioSequenceService
>
> - Method name: get_biosequence [The method has one 'xsd:string' input
>                                 parameter which is the identifier and
>                                 returns the DNA sequence as a single

Thanks for this, Alan -- that'll be useful for some testing!

For anyone who wants to see what's going on behind the scenes
in a SOAP transaction (or is just too lazy to install a proper
client library ;-), the following XML snippet is a valid request to this
server:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
  <SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <seq:get_biosequence xmlns:seq="urn:simplebiosequence-service">
      <identifier xsi:type="xsd:string">AL121903</identifier>
    </seq:get_biosequence>
  </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

You can try POST-ing this to the end-point URL.

   Thomas.