[Biojava-l] EMBL SOAP Server + perl and Java clients

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 14:20:16 +0100

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 02:12:37PM +0100, Alan Robinson wrote:

> Btw, using GLUE, the alternative is to add 3 JAR files to your class path,
> compile the WSDL and add the following *TWO* lines of code to your Java
> app:
>
>   ISimpleBioSequenceService bioSeqService=SimpleBioSequenceService.bind();
>   String seq = bioSeqService.get_biosequence( "AL121903" );

Yep.  GLUE is pretty nice, so long as what you're doing fits
into the RPC-over-SOAP framework, and your messages don'tt
get too big.

> Btw Thomas, what's the projection for DAS to be SOAPified?

There's some stuff up at:

  http://www.biojava.org/thomasd/DAS/spec-new.html

It's been delayed for a couple of weeks while I finished a paper
and re-wrote my DAS1 server (it needed it...), but I'm back working
on it now.

Incidentally, I noticed this morning that SOAP/1.2 has been
released as a working draft by the W3C.  Need to dig a bit
deeper to see what the consequences of this will be.

   Thomas.