[Biojava-l] fresh checkout doesn't build

David Huen smh1008@cus.cam.ac.uk
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 15:02:37 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Wiepert, Mathieu wrote:

> I just yesterday did a fresh checkout (actually deleted any and all code I
> had since it had been quite some time since I had a checkout).
>
> The build failed at first.  I tracked it to a problem in 4 modules,
> org.biojava.bio.proteomics.Digest, MassCalc, Protease,
> and org.biojava.bio.seq.io.MSFAlignmentFormat.
>
> For some reason, the code had the code duplicated (as if the module were cut
> and pasted twice), and the first line of code was
> <<<<<<< MSFAlignmentFormat.java
> the last was
>  >>>>>>> 1.6
> and separating the two copies was a line
> =======
>
> I edited the four files, and then ant worked.
>
> So, did I check something out wrong, do something else wrong?  It looks
> correct on the CVS tree (Webcvs), so maybe somehow I have the wrong
> checkout?

Are you sure it was not a cvs update?

IMHO, it seems to think the source was changed at your end and is
attempting a merge.  I didn't think that happened unless you've changed it
at your end (as I do).

D.