[Biojava-l] BSANE

Juha Muilu muilu@ebi.ac.uk
Tue, 03 Apr 2001 12:44:00 +0100

I am happy to announce that EBI and NetGenics have submitted
response against the Biomolecular Sequence Analysis Entities (BSANE)
RFP. The joint submission is now available at
http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?lifesci/2001-03-04

Please have a look! A goal of the response is to start to merge the
BSA and BSANE thread at OMG with the Open Source efforts of BioJava,
BioCorba, BioPerl, and BioXML in accordance with the new Model Driven
Architecture (MDA) approach that the OMG has announced.

This submission is just a first step and hopefully provides enough
material
to raise further discussions. All are invited to make contributions to
take it to final specification.

I am sending this to the BioJava list now (there is quite a strong
BioJava flavor
in the submission). Most of the other bioXXX folks are also on this list
anyway.
We may need to create special forum for the discussions.
All depends on the feedback!

Hope you find this spec worth-while exercise to do!

Best Regards, Juha

Links
MDA: http://www.omg.org/mda/
BSA: http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?dtc/00-11-01.pdf
BSANE: http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?lifesci/2001-03-04

BSANE RFP:
http://www.omg.org/techprocess/meetings/schedule/BSANE_RFP.html
LSR: http://www.omg.org/homepages/lsr/

 |Juha Muilu, Ph.D., EMBL Outstation| Email:  muilu@ebi.ac.uk         |
 |European Bioinformatics Institute | Phone:  +44 (0)1223 494 624     |
 |Wellcome Trust Genome Campus      | Fax:    +44 (0)1223 494 468     |
 |Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SD, UK   | http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~muilu|