[Biojava-l] biojava tools

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 10:44:57 +0100

On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 11:34:57AM -0700, Carolyn Curtis wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I'm interested in the  tools that have been developed under the biojava
> project.  However, I am unable to access the download area.  Does the
> link
> need to be updated?
>  (ftp://biojava.org/pub/biojava)
>
> or are the permissions not allowing me to connect/download?
> I appreciate your help in this,

The correct URL if you want to get at biojava files by FTP
is:

  ftp://bio.perl.org/pub/biojava

I'll check that this is listed correctly on the web site in
a minute -- I guess it isn't.

At the moment, the only code available is the biojava libraries
package.  There is source code and builds of this available from
the FTP site /but/ the code is rather out of date.  If you are
interested in programming with these libraries, either:

  - Check the latest source code out from CVS (see
    http://cvs.biojava.org/)

OR (if you don't have CVS, or are behind a vicious firewall
    which doesn't allow it)

  - Drop me a note and I'll update the builds on the FTP site.

Hope this helps,

There are whose study is of smells
And to attentive schools rehearse
How something mixed with something else